Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

backdoor.tidserv.I!inf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 pianist123

pianist123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hello. I am having a problem removing this virus/trojan/worm/whatever. I found the instructions on how to start to remove it from the bleeping computer formus. I ran the OTL program as instructed. I was able to get the logs for those and I'm working on getting the information from the GMER scan. (It's taking its sweet time). I'll post when it finishes.

Could someone advise on what to do next?

Thanks.

If someone out there could direct me maybe of where I need to go to get help, if you can't help, that would be great. I would really appreciate some help.

Also, I ran the GMER application but it froze before it finished. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Please help!

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

Attached Files

Edited by Budapest, 11 October 2010 - 04:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pianist123

pianist123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:37 AM

Ok, so I was able to get someone else to give me instructions on how to fix and was able to fix the problem.

I guess I'll think twice coming here the next time I have a problem.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our MRT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users