Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Set Up Two Monitors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SmileyXX

SmileyXX

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 16 November 2005 - 06:48 PM

I was wondering if anybody could help me out in setting up dual monitors on my system. I've been trying to set it up using a GeForce4 MX 4000 and the integrated Intel Extreme graphics. The system recognizes both monitors but the displays are a bit off. Mainly the monitor on the integrated graphics shows the icons and the wallpaper covers the entire screen and the monitor hooked up to the MX 4000 shows a small box in the center of the monitor that has the wallpaper and the taskbar on the bottom of the screen. Also the mouse only seems to move on the monitor thats hooked up to the integrated graphics. Any help on getting this set up and working correctly would be greatly appreciated.

SmileyXX

Celeron 2.93
512MB RAM
Intel Extreme Graphics (Onboard AGP)
GeForce4 MX 4000 PCI 128MB Vid Card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

Minimize all your open windows, and right click on the desktop. When the menu shows, select "properites" to open the display controls. Click on the tab "Settings" and click on your second monitor. Then there should be a check box that says "Extend my desktop onto this monitor". Make sure that is checked and click apply at the bottom.

#3 SmileyXX

SmileyXX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:04 AM

Ok. I got to expand onto the other monitor now my question is this. Isn't the taskbar suppose to expand onto the second monitor as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users