Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ACCES TO PROGRAM DENIED OR PROGRAM KILLED ON ATTEMPTING TO START

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave1ee

Dave1ee

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

As per BOOPME directions this new thread has been started. From original thread here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1967273.

The Computer is a Dell Lattitude 620 with windows XP SP-3

The issues are that the computer will not allow many programs to run "access is denied errors" or simply the program is killed when the icon is clicked on. This started when fraudware was present. I had removed the fraudware by removing the drive and attaching it to another win XP machine and running Microsoft security essentials, MBAM, Spybot S&D and Trend micro housecall scanner.

I have followed the directions for steps 6-9 from "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer". I had created another user with Aministrators rights to run this. Of note to sign off after creating the new user I had a message box for the MCI Command Handling Window - "Could not Close" error message hung on close.

Step 6 - Disable your CD Emulation Software - good

Step 7 - Download and Run DDS which will create a log of programs running on your computer. Done created log files

Step 8 - Create a GMER Log - downloaded and when clicked to run GMER is killed immeadiately. it will not run.

Just a little more information about above XP Pro, The directions were followed after creating a new user with admin privilages.
still waiting to hear anything.

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

Attached Files

Edited by Budapest, 11 October 2010 - 04:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dave1ee

Dave1ee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

You may close this thread as I have gone to the extreme step of backing up data & then doing a reformat & install.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users