Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Texture Compression Support Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 L4D2

L4D2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

hello there, i am currently trying to play Left for dead on steam, however whenever i launch the game an error message comes up saying "L4D2 requires texture compression, but no support was found, please enable your texture compression" i have done alot of searching to see how to fix it, but have had to help what so ever, i was recommended to visit this site, my friend said they have plenty of experts here,if you have any information how to fix this it would greatly appreciated, thank you for putting this into consideration

Edited by hamluis, 10 October 2010 - 05:10 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Games ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 L4D2

L4D2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

so i guess to add this in a nutshell, i need to know how to turn on my texture compression

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hi -
Have you attempted This Tutorial on L4D2 yet -

Thanks -

#4 L4D2

L4D2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hi -
Have you attempted This Tutorial on L4D2 yet -

Thanks -

yeah, but i cant start anything left for dead related because it says "texture comrpession was accidentally disabled on your computer, please re-enable" which i cant figure out how to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users