Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is acting screwy, computer refuses to shutdown normally, and more.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blackbirdbree

blackbirdbree

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

The reason I am posting this is the virus forum is this:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1885639
( It has the most most information, I'm not sure if I should copy/paste it onto here though.)

The problems on my computer are steadily increasing. The "errors" are now up to 18. Firefox also will not save, such as when I click on pictures and "save as," also the 'Insert Master Password' box is constantly reappearing, it also says that my connection is being reset.

The Blue Screen of Death usually says IRQL nor less or equal, or page fault in Nonpaged area, but prior to the firefox problem, it said something about a connection trying to be accessed, and that it reset.

Also, after the last BSOD, my computer cannot seem use Windows Installer. I tried to install a new iTunes because it wouldn't connect with my iPod, and some newly installed programs don't want to work. I wasn't able to install the new iTunes. I will try to get some screenshots of what it says.

I also get all of these stupid error boxes, usually if I try to use something that uses Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word takes me a few tries to open, and I always have to 'Right-Click, Open' to make it start.

Because I can't seem to upload a picture( tinypic won't let me browse for a picture), I'll just quote what the box says:
"An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Please run Set up and select repair to restore this application."
And right before this popped up, it ran Windows Installer.

Honestly, I want to guarantee I don't have any viruses before I call up Microsoft and ask about these other problems. I'd really appreciate the help.
:thumbsup:

For now, if no one will answer to the virus problem, can someone tell me where System Restore is? I've used it on problems in the past, I need to get working again.

Edited by blackbirdbree, 09 October 2010 - 01:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users