Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modifing a posted topic title

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ramchu

Ramchu

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

Just a suggestion - and if this subject has already been discussed I apologize for bringing it up again .

I think that it would be helpful, if the original poster of a topic, were able to return to the starting post of that topic
and click on a control button ( such as one that possibly says MODIFY ) and then be able to add to the Topic Title
(SOLVED) or (RESOLVED) or (ABANDONED) or ect....

I believe that this would be helpful to members that are searching for answers to problems - in that a problem (similar to theirs)
has already been discussed and fixed or a work around was found.

Below is a visual of what I am suggesting :
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for considering my suggestion,
Ramchu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

Yes it has been brought up before but bears explaining again for the newer members

Thank you for the suggestion. In theory this would be wonderful. In reality it's a logistical nightmare. First the vast majority of members never come back to say they have resolved their problem so we don't know. I would be reluctant to close a post as solved only to have to reopen it 6 weeks later when they show up and say OOPs it's not. Second, the way the forum software is configured only moderators and above can edit titles. With the staff to daily post ratio this is an impossibility to maintain on an ongoing basis.

It is an ideal that looks great but the implementation is just not feasible with the number of staff and amount of daily posts we have.

Again, thank you for your suggestion.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Ramchu

Ramchu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

OK !
Thank You for the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic