Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Infection: unwanted browserwindows a.o.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrian65

Valkyrian65

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

Since a week or so I am experiencing the following:

Browserwindows opening unexpectedly
- These windows often lead to Yahoo or other commercial sites
- Just before the new page loads it shows this IP address consitenly: 69.31.52.238
- The opening of unwanted pages happens at interval, not always
- It is limited to one new window, not a tab

I have used the following programs to detect the virus/malware:
- Kapsersky Antivirus 2010, reports clean
- Spybot - S&D, reports clean
- Windows Defender, reports clean

I downloaded MBAM, installed and started as instructed but I get the following error while updating:
MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)

To prevent this blocking I first used the MBAM exclusions in Kaspersky as instructed by MBAM, no result.
Also tried to update MBAM with Kaspersky and Windows firewall turned off, no result
A manual update from MBAM's website seems to be disabled.

Using:
Dell XPS M1730
Windows Vista Ulitmate 32 SP2

I really could use some assistance.
Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Barcaholic

Barcaholic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

I need help too please!

I am getting the same windows opening up, with the same recurring IP, and the same mbam error when trying to dowload that. In addition to Spybot & Defender, I have also tried running:
AVG 2011
Lavasoft Ad-Aware
Microsoft Security Essentials
HitmanPro 3

-all of which are reporting a clean computer.

I am using-

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium sp2

#3 mib1984

mib1984

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

I to have got the same problem for the last few days and have tried everything
Avast
Ad-Aware
Super anti spyware
Spy-bot

Please someone help

#4 beaglebabe

beaglebabe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

I am experiencing a similar problem, but already had a copy of MBAM, and it found Trojan. DSChanger in two registry keys I tried updating it and get the same "MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)" error. I downloaded Adaware and it won't update either, nor will Spybot S&D. My paid version of AVG and paid version of Advanced System Optimizer don't find it. MBAM will delete the registry keys, but it keeps coming back.

I run WinXP on a home grown computer, and am on a network with two other computers. We have a wired router that is hooked to a wireless router which runs the laptop.

My plan tonight was to download MBAM on the other two computers and try to find it there. Then I was going to ask my son to reconfigure the router. I don't have a clue how to do it myself. I have to play around with this a bit at a time because of time constraints. I am getting more than just this one IP address, though. Right now it's just a nuisance, but I don't like the idea that my computer is infected. If anyone has any solutions, I would love to hear them.

For the time being I use No Script, Better Privacy and Adblock Plus add-ons to Firefox, so none of these pages will load. It usually happens once every session.

I'll let you all know if I do stumble on to something. Sounds like we have something in common ;o) Hope we can all find some help here.

#5 Valkyrian65

Valkyrian65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Guys,

Although everybody has good intentions and needs help, posting in an already open help-thread will not get the attention of the experts.

Experts are looking for posts with 0 replies, as threads with +1 replies might indicate someone is on the case alreaddy.

So please, if you have an issue, open your own thread and refer to this one to indicate similar issues.

** BUMP FOR ATTENTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users