Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatrickBateman

PatrickBateman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:06 AM

I have been getting these weird problems with my toshiba laptop recently. Whenever i try to download something like Java or Flash, I will get this message saying things like firefoxjre_exe.exe or If i try to access the bleepingcomputer chat room it asks me to get adobe flash, and when I download it this message appears

C:\Users\Luca\AppData\Local\Temp\FP_PL_PFS_Installer.exe

A Required Privilege is not held by client.

Ive been getting this same message when downloading certain things. What does it mean and how can I fix it?

I have a Toshiba Notebook 64 Bit OS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Flash player is not supported on 64 Bit operating system installations.

Check out this thread from the Adobe web site forums.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/600332?deco...FullThread=true

Hope this answers your questions.

Just so you know, a lot of programs like Java and Flash player do not work with Internet Explorer 9 Beta either, nor will they work with the final release, Internet Explorer is designed to work with future web sites that will no longer need Java or Adobe Flash player installed to do what those programs were designed to do with Internet Explorer 8.

Its just a matter of the web sites out there updating their sites to accommodate the new Internet Explorer 9 hardware acceleration.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users