Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vjg

vjg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

Really would appreciate some guidance with this very buggy Windows Live Mail. It is behaving just horribly, such as:
Select email from inbox and it shows in preview pane below but also in another window that pops up.
If I exit the extra window, at times, preview pane disappears and WLM might also get exited.
If I open a link and then exit out of, WLM might get get exited also. Deleting is a problem as everytime you highlight an email to exit, the extra window comes up. To highlight several to delete, there is all these extra windows that pop up. Then they will be all stacked up on the desktop and each have to be clicked off.
Viewing a slideshow, it skips every second picture. Forwarding email to BCC, some just to the 'to' instead.
At times, viewing a video and when exited, WLM also gets exited.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall & Avast free

I have run scans with Windows Defender, MBAB, Avast free, Trend Micro and Superantispyware and all were clean. I also ran two repairs (Essentials) in Control Panel. The thing is that when you click on 'repair', it doesn't give you a choice for 'email'. Does it attempt to repair everything in essentials?

This is getting very frustrating...why is it behaving like this?
Would appreciate some suggestions and help to rectify this.
Thanks

PS - Is there some miraculous way one could install Outlook Express instead? Wishful thinking!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

My university recently switched the email system from Novell Groupwise over to Windows Live Mail, and almost immediately I stopped using webmail. Made the switch to Mozilla Thunderbird, and never looked back. :thumbsup:

Try it out...you might like it.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users