Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DLL C:\Windows\system32\NVDesk32.DLL is not a valid image .please check this against your instalation disktee

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laxmanvenkati

laxmanvenkati

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Hi I am new to this site i have a problem in my computer .
when ever I want to open an application this error was coming is any one can help me.
DLL C:\Windows\system32\NVDesk32.DLL is not a valid image .please check this against your installation diskette

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ectech1

ectech1

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

nvdesk32.dll file information
The process NVIDIA Desktop Manager Hook Library or NVDESK32.DLL belongs to the software NVIDIA Desktop Manager Hook Library or NVDESK32.DLL or NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version by NVIDIA Corporation (www.nvidia.com).
Description: File nvdesk32.dll is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 102,400 bytes (96% of all occurrence), 55,808 bytes, 98,304 bytes.
A .dll file (Dynamic Link Library) is a special type of Windows program containing functions that other programs can call. This .dll file can be injected to all running processes and can change or manipulate their behavior. The program is not visible. There is no detailed description of this service. It can change the behavior of other programs or manipulate other programs. nvdesk32.dll is not a Windows system file. The application starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs). nvdesk32.dll is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. nvdesk32.dll is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 64% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Source: http://www.file.net/process/nvdesk32.dll.html

Uninstall your display drivers using this: Revo Uninstaller

Reinstall the drivers. Nvidia Drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users