Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop wont turn on

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 puddy

puddy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

hello can ayone help, when i turn my laptop on it starts beeping with 1 long and 2 short beeps
with a black screen, it is a samsung R505 any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

When doing a search for that beep pattern\code. Any reference I find points to a video card problem. Most likely a hardware failure. This would seem to be the case as demonstrated by the black screen.

When I visit the Samsung site I can not find that particular model though.

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

When I visit the Samsung site I can not find that particular model though.

Ditto. Not on the US or UK site.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

Can you boot into safe mode?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

Seems to be a UK entry, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Laptop-Ath...m/dp/B001PQG6C4.

Louis

I can get to the Samsung UK website but I cannot get any support info on this laptop...IE crashes.

Edited by hamluis, 08 October 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

Hello I seen your last post with only a quote asking you if you can boot into safe mode.

Perhaps that is your way of asking what is safe mode?

If this is the case.

Safe mode is running Windows with a limited amount of drivers and programs running to trouble-shoot hardware problems or driver problems.

You can access safe-mode by booting up your computer, once it boots past the black and white POST BIOS screen and just before the Windows splash screen with logo would load, you repeatedly press the F8 key on the keyboard.

If this works, you should see a screen saying Windows is loading safe-mode to trouble-shoot your computer. (not the exact wording)

If it loads in safe-mode you'll know because the screen of the desktop will have the words SAFE-MODE in each corner.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#7 puddy

puddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

EDIT: Puddy, you should not hit the Quote button to reply, just type your input and hit the Add Reply button.

The Quote button should only be used when it makes sense...it's not necessary in a topic where it's easy to logically see what is being addressed ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 10 October 2010 - 03:33 PM.
Deleted unnecessary quote ~ Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users