Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intermittent connections issue, am I infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 callupchuck

callupchuck

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

I'm working on a HP laptop running Vista home premium x64. I had removed some medium risk infections, but the OS still has flaky issues. The biggest issue at this time is that the wireless connection comes and goes. It may start and connect to the router and internet, but will disconnect from the internet and sometimes even make the shared network inaccessible after a few minutes. THis is true whether at my office or at another location and another router. Furthermore, I found that, while at the customers location, I found that unless I turned off the wireless switch on this laptop, it would even disconnect her other laptop from the network as well. As soon as I turned off the switch on this one, the other one could refressh and reconnect to the router with no problem.

I've run Ccleaner, Eset online scanner, LiveOneCare safety scan, MBAM, and A-Squared emergency kit. A-Squared found the usual supects, cookies and one peice of riskware in the hp folder called "endproc". The A-squred log file is unreadable as it appears to be either machine code or some language of Asian descent.

I suspect that it's the os thats been corrupted so I ran the system file checker and have a couple of logs from it. Strangely, I could'nt even read the logs until I copied and pasted them to the desktop from their original location in the windir\logs.

I could really use some help with deciphering the cbs logfiles, and advice on what to do next to find the cause of the issues.

Let me know what you need from me in order to start the healing process.

Thanks.

Edited by callupchuck, 08 October 2010 - 10:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users