Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just installed a new HDD but my comp is still running slow and sometimes restarting it's self.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 littleogre

littleogre

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

My norton trial which just ran out yesterday says i have no viruses. Yet my comp is slow compared to when it was new. Also i will sometimes see a huge spike in memory usage. Even though i didn't actually start any new processes. Also i installed combofix and ran it already. Didn't read the entire page so didn't know i wasn't suppose to.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 littleogre

littleogre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

Please help

#3 littleogre

littleogre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

I am not getting any error messages but programs are constantly telling me that they must close

#4 littleogre

littleogre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

#5 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hi,

Saw that your trial period for Norton Antivirus just ran out, so would like to suggest you try downloading and installing a free program from Microsoft called Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), as you really don't want to risk your computer getting more infected.

I haven't used MSE myself, but others report that it does a fairly good job for a free program. Also, in addition to blocking and cleaning viruses, it is supposed to do the same for malware too, which is a big plus in my book.

Here is the website address you can download it from: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Also, please give it another couple of days for one of the trained technical helpers to respond to your request for help. This forum gets a LOT of requests for help, so they are often temporarily tied up helping others. Please be assured, though, they will respond to you as soon as they can. Once the intial response gets made, it goes much faster after that.

Good Luck.

Edited by Torvald, 11 October 2010 - 09:48 AM.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users