Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(MSN) Blocked contact, unblocked now, but can't see him/her

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Magil

Magil

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:54 AM

So, I was about to play an online game with a friend. I was chatting with him through WLM latest build (non-beta), when a girl from my distant past decided it was a good idea to talk to me.

Long story short, I decided I didn't want to talk to her anymore. Now, instead of going through the process of blocking, then deleting her, I went through a different procedure...
I went into Options, clicked the Privacy tab, scrolled to where her address was at, selected it and sent it to my Block list.

Several days later, I realized how insenstive I was, and I wanted to apologize. It was also during these days I recovered my laptop, where I was using Miranda IM to chat instead of WLM. So I signed in through Miranda IM, and waited for her... and waited... and waited... but she never came.
I then thought that maybe my blocking her might be causing some conflicts, so I unblocked her through Miranda IM, but she wouldn't appear. I figured that maybe she deleted me from her contact list, so I tried signing in simultaneously with another MSN account I have. When she finally signed in, she only seemed to appear on my secondary account, whereas in the first one, where I originally blocked her, she did not show up.

I decided to sign in using WLM and check if her address was still in my Blocked list in the Options window, but just as I thought, she was no longer in the Blocked list.
Also, worth to note, as much as Miranda IM, WLM did not show her in my contact list. I started to get a bit worried, so I went into my email account to manually check on her address, only to find out she WAS there, but there weren't many options to customize.

I ended deleting her account from my list and then readding her, hoping she would readmit me and get this thing working. But alas... it didn't.

What I'd like to know is what am I supposed to do now. I dunno what I'm supposed to do, and given that my problem with her is now "sorted out", I'm kinda sorry for taking that drastic measure.

However, if there happen to be several solutions, I'd like to pick the one that involves the least ammount of input on her side, if possible.

Thank you in advance.

-Magil of the Shadows

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Magil

Magil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

Been a week, and my topic's been moved to nearly the bottom of the next page. If there's a problem answering my question, just say so and I'll move on. Not that I'm mad or anything, but I just wanna know so I don't sit idly by with this problem.

-Magil of the Shadows

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:42 AM

Lack of response...can indicate many things.

I don't use IM...but maybe you haven't asked the proper question for anyone to reply to. I suggest editing out all unnecessary, irrelevant info from your original post and asking the question that you relates to IM usage or whatever it is that you want to know. Preambles which have nothing to do with the issue...may tend to make people move on to the next topic (which may be clearer/easier to answer).

Louis

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

Its really nothing to suggest. You could try a different PC, or using something like Ebuddy.

MSN Messenger/Live is better than AIM, but its ALOT more buggy. I've had something similar happen in the past, were contacts I had added wouldn't show up even though others could see them online. The solution? That person changed MSN accounts, and all was fine.

Only thing I can really suggest is to contact MSN/Live support(but don't mention you use a 3rd party messenger or they won't help you) and see if they can do anything. It may resort to either you or her needing to get a new MSN account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users