Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP machine keep looping to restart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hongclub

hongclub

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hi,

I am the IT manager here, one of our XP Professional machine has issue.

When i start the machine, it has the XP loading screen (with the window XP logo), which is normal.
Then after that, it will restart the machine by itself, so it will keep looping to restart, i never can get into the desktop. why?

I tried to use my XP CD to do a repair or chkdisk, it tried to load all the system files, then i said it failed because some .sys corrupted.

I am thinking to do chkdisk, any boot CD chkdisk utility? or give me any suggestion for this issue!

Please give me some advise,
Tommy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Can you boot into safe mode?

Try the last known good configuration option?

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#02

It helps if you provide...exact error messages. I'm sure that MS has millions by now and it's impractical to guess what the system is trying to tell you.

Do you have MS XP CDs...or recovery/restore disks provided by the system manufacturers?

Louis

#3 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

You have a corrupt .sys file on the CD? Try to make sure there aren't any scratches or fingerprints on it. Perhaps find another install CD.

You can enter the "Recovery Console" from most any XP cd and then run "CHKDSK /R C:" from there.

#4 hongclub

hongclub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

You have a corrupt .sys file on the CD? Try to make sure there aren't any scratches or fingerprints on it. Perhaps find another install CD.

You can enter the "Recovery Console" from most any XP cd and then run "CHKDSK /R C:" from there.

My CD works for other machine, but it seems either hard drive or motherboard has problems.
Any good software to do boot chkdisk with getting into the OS?

Tommy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users