Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Startup Repair Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Miki27

Miki27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

So. It all began when I shut down my computer, since itunes was giving me trouble. It installed an update, and then shut down without a problem. But. When I restarted it, it told me in a strange font, "Windows is loading files..." and then took me to a screen that gave me the option to Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally. Either option brings me to the same message, "Your computer was unable to start. Startup Repair is checking your system for problems..." Which would be fine with me, if it ever left that screen again. But no matter what I try, it never gets past that point. Sometimes it tells me that it cannot be fixed. And then proceeds to do NOTHING. Or, once, it offered to restore my system. Since this is the exact same thing that happened to my last computer, along with a bunch of other stuff that contributed to its eventual demise at the computer repair shop, I have nothing I NEED stored on there, so I said yes. But, that did nothing. Now it's back to the exact same nauseating screen that tells me it's searching for problems. I looked it up on the internet, and found that it has happened to many other people, but no matter where I go, no one seems to have a straight answer as to WHY it happened, or how to fix it. Is it a virus? Is it an error? How, if it's possible, do I get back into my computer? What did I do to cause this? When I either get a new computer, or fix this one, how do I keep it from happening YET AGAIN???
Please help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

Can you take a picture of the weird font?

What update did it install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users