Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Printer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cvos

cvos

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

I have an HP C6280 printer that after an update from HP it will not scan. HP support is no help, with out paying for it! This is a problem that HP caused. Everything worked fine till the update. I did remove all HP from my computer and reinstalled it, it worked until another update. Now even after I uninstall and reinstall it will not scan! This is the second time this has happened the first time after reinstalling it would scan again, now it will not. What can I do to get it to work again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

There is a dedicated removal tool offered by HP. But it is for AIO`s and Windows XP only. Is XP your operating system and the C6280 an AIO.

I looked up the printer. It lists as an All in one. Just want to be sure.

#3 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

I have Vista. AIO?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

AIO-All In One.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 October 2010 - 10:58 PM.

#5 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Any ideas?

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

If it were me, I would uninstall all HP printer related stuff through add/remove programs then disconnect the USB cable from your system and reboot. Then reinstall the printer drivers from the original media. Plug the printer in only when prompted to do so.
Test the scanner.
Then go into add/remove programs and uninstall only the HP software update program so you dont get the update handed to you again.
IMO printer drivers never need to be updated so long as everything works.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users