Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iusexpx

iusexpx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hello, originally my problem is that my internet browsers (Internet explorer, firefox) can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus. Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) asking me to download more fake AV's onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it. This also shows up in safe mode. MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer.exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn't let me open anything. So eventually I google this up, and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix.exe to hotfix1.exe when I run %APPDATA% so the annoying MSE would stop showing up. It also told me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the internet. By the way I am using another computer to type this. So again, I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla.exe and run it and reboot my computer, after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course, I can't do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen, the blue log in screen doesn't show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes, after a few minutes it would restart my computer. Also same thing for safe mode. Does anyone know what is going on? Did I screw up my computer to badly? Do I need to reset my BIOS? I am using Windows XP if that helps. I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can't even open my computer right now. Help is appreciated, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 iusexpx

iusexpx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users