Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Mozilla firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

Have this problem with Mozilla firefox. Upfraded to latest version, Now I find that if I start it up when computer is booted it will open, However if I close it it won't restart untill I reboot the computer. While closing down the computer says mozilla is open? and I have to force close/restart.
If I try and reload mozilla after finding it won't start I'm told I have to close program?
It seems to be running in the background but in foreground?
I also have a problem with notification although I click notify by email any replies. I never get notified?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

That was a known issue with a previous version of FF.

Some experienced the problem, myself included. Even though the FF window was closed the process continued to run. The process could be ended using Task manager.

Depending on how many times you have updated as opposed to doing a fresh install, the problem may be hanging on from a previous version.

Uninstalling any and all FF versions found in add\remove and reinstalling the latest, 3.6.10, should clear it up.

Do`t forget to back-up your bookmarks. Here is a handy little tool that will save all bookmarks, add-ons, plug-ins and custom settings so it is easy to return your new FF install to the way you have it now.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

Actually, it's probably an addon that is causing the problem. I know the previous release of Ghostery did this.

See here: Troubleshooting extensions and themes
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 kissthesky420

kissthesky420

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

Had the same problem and yes the new version did clear it up.

#5 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

@ keyboardNinja, has the right formula it's an addon thats causing your problem !
Right click on your desktop FF icon select FF Safe Mode run it like that then see if your problem disappears, if it does then it's an addon problem !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users