Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would this setup work?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joeeel

joeeel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

Seeing how my current computer seems to be almost six feet under, I thought of buying a new one. I looked around and found this webstore where I could pretty much choose a ready computer package and make modifications of my own. I came up with this, the cost is 551 euros at the moment:

Case: Antler 375 ATX
PSU: Chieftec 500W 12CM ATX12 V2.2
Motherboard: Asus M4A785D-M PRO AMD 785G DDR2 HD4200
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 240E
RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz CL5 (2x2GB)
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 PCI-E 1GB DDR5
HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB SATA2 32MB

I also have a couple of questions. Would this be a proper good computer for most games and would I be fine with just 2GB of RAM (would save me 28 euros)? And is the video card fine or should I get a less expensive one? And will the PSU be powerful enough to power the setup?

Thanks in advance, I know a bit about computers but not that much. Help would be appreciated.

Edited by joeeel, 06 October 2010 - 01:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GMmasterking

GMmasterking

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

Would this be a proper good computer for most games

I thing that this is a good configuration but if you want to to play the latest games you have to bay a more powerful computer

I be fine with just 2GB of RAM (would save me 28 euros)

No If you want to run it with Windows 7 or playing games you should have 3gb or more and it is better to buy motherboard witch supports DDR3

And is the video card fine or should I get a less expensive one

This graphic card is not bad but if you want to play the latest games after a year or two is is better to buy something more powerful like Radeon HD 4890 or 5850

And will the PSU be powerful enough to power the setup

Yes, but i recommend you to bay PSU with at least 550 W

Edited by GMmasterking, 06 October 2010 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Joombaga

Joombaga

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

If you want to stay in the same price range for the video card, I'd recommend getting an Nvidia GTX 260 instead of the ATI Radeon HD 5770

#4 joeeel

joeeel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:45 AM

I'll probably just get a bit more powerful PSU and get 2GB RAM, going to run XP and some games that aren't that new (CS:S, TF2, MW2). Unfortunately on the site it gives me a dropdown menu with just a few choices, and GTX260 isn't one of them.. Thanks for the advice!

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Would this be a proper good computer for most games and would I be fine with just 2GB of RAM (would save me 28 euros)? And is the video card fine or should I get a less expensive one? And will the PSU be powerful enough to power the setup?

1. Processor = could do with an upgrade
2. RAM = 3GB
3. Video card = Good
4. PSU = 450w+ ; single +12v rail (Look for brands like Corsair, Seasonic)

That apart, you're good to go!

Edited by ReviverSoft, 07 October 2010 - 06:13 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#6 Joombaga

Joombaga

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

I meant 460, sorry. I'm still stuck in the last generation. Nvidia's skipping the 300's really shook up my head.

#7 joeeel

joeeel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:55 AM

I'll see what I'm going to do with the processor. I'm going to get 2GB RAM for now, and later on increase the amount (seeing how I have quite a low budget right now). I'll get a 600W PSU just to be sure it's good. Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users