Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost contact

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zf490

zf490

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hello
I have a laptop connected to the Internet via a wireless router
And the same router connected by cable with another desktop computer
Desktop computer connects to the Internet well. After a period - random - lost contact
( Connection limited or impossible )
If restart PC and router .network Icon say that the network cable is unplugged

At the same time. No problem for laptop ( wireless

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

This sounds like a hardware problem, possibly heat related, but I would try 1) replace the Ethernet cable between PC and router 2) Plug the cable into another port on the back of the router 3) Get a USB to Ethernet adapter for the PC and try using that.

If you have any other Ethernet devices around the house you can try plugging them into the "failed" PC Ethernet when the PC shows cable unplugged and see if it gets a basic connection (obviously won't get an Internet connection but should show that the Ethernet is connected).

#3 zf490

zf490
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

Thank you. I'll try.
And tell you the result

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users