Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wont start

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

I got a Toshiba satellite pro a200 model no PSAE1E-012008en. After start up it flashs blue screen(to fast to get any info) It does the same when you try and start in safe mode.Also if i put a cd in does the same.I can get into BIOS and it runs. I thinking its the hard drive but cant run any tests. I'm stuck so any help would be great. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

I disabled auto restart and can read error
0x0000005 (0x0000000 0X00000000)
googled it but still stuck thanks

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

I guess that I'm not following...you say that it won't start...in either safe mode or normally?

Do you have restore/recovery CDs available?

A hard drive diagnostic can normally run, whether the system boots or not, once the BIOS boot options are changed to allow the system to boot from the optical drive.

Louis

#4 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

I dont have restore/recovery CDs available but i can hopefully get some.But the problem is when it boots from cd it still shuts down.
Hamus could you tell me how to run the hard drive diagnostic.I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks for the help

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

Worth reading, Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics - Vox - http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/bootabl...iagnostics.html

Louis

#6 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Can you post the full error message that occurs? Or at least the type of error like "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME" or if it mentions a filename or addresses?

#7 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:45 AM

When you attempt to boot from the CD, does it actually read the CD (you should see a message like "press any key to boot from CD".

Do you have any idea what might have caused this?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:55 AM

While you were in the BIOS did you check to make sure that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

When you attempt to boot from the CD, does it actually read the CD (you should see a message like "press any key to boot from CD" Yes it sometimes asks and the fails
While you were in the BIOS did you check to make sure that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order? Yes its in the right order
Thanks for the help ill let ye know how it goes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users