to Bleeping Computer. Sorry for the delay.
Let's see if we can dig this thing up.
I need to see the logs from your Malwarebytes scans. They can be retrieved by starting Malwarebytes, then clicking on the Logs
tab. Select the relevant log(s) (they are organized by date and time) and click Open
to view them. Copy and paste the contents in your next reply.
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try unchecking the Devices box in addition to the others previously requested. Also, try running GMER in Safe Mode
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.log" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and copy/paste its contents in your next reply.
- Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:Malwarebytes log(s)