Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 VaynardX

VaynardX

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:43 AM

I have just found a new thing on windows 7: everytime I go idle for lets say at least 10mins(where the power saving mechanism kicks in), and after a couple of mins after that, my pc led light thingy flashes quickly as if it were processing something. Then after I came back, to my surprise, my drive c space got occupied a little. From 94GB to 93.5. I don't know why this happens, is this a windows 7 thing? I scanned with avira and mbam and found nothing. So should I be worried? Can someone explain this?

EDIT:

So I just also noticed that after one week, the space gets back, but when I go idle again, it eats it up again. So someone care to explain what this is? Is this windows 7 innate?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 VaynardX

VaynardX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

I've found the answer from the seven forums. It's only restore points and shadow copies. Anyway, I dont use system restore at all, can I disable this or just enable it? It takes 10% of hdd space, which much for me.@.@

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

You can disable it, but be prepared to reinstall when and if something goes wrong. I hope you have all your installation media for any programs that you may lose, and I hope you have backups of all your important files and documents.

#5 VaynardX

VaynardX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

^

Well I remembered in xp, my cpu technician disabled restore points. I only have a very little disk space since I bought my pc 2 years ago. Anyway, so you mean to say its ok as long as I have backed up my important files?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Can you perform the Speccy suggestion?

#7 VaynardX

VaynardX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Im still a newbie on the pc, so I don't want to tweak settings, I will have to wait for my brother to come home(since he's the pc guy). Anyway, so its really ok to disable it as long as I have my important files backed up?

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Yes it is, and that program is not a tweaking program it will allow us to see your specifications/computer components so we can tell you what could possibly be updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users