Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to download files from olympus voice recorder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ok1

ok1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

I have a Olympus VN-240pc voice recorder and the download function does not work anymore. ie. transferring files to computer. I have contacted Olympus support and they tried every thing they knew without success.

It seems that the clue to the problem is shown in the Device Manager, which shows a small blue question make against the device listing. This means that there is a problem, I believe, but what sort of problem and how do you correct it? As I've said Olympus could not sort it out. The messages in device manager say "this device is working corrctly" and "you have the latest drivers installed" All things that Olympus dealt with anyway.
Does any one have a suggestions as to what is wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ok1

ok1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

I should have said what system I am using. Windows Vista home Premium 32bit operating system.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

You've uninstalled all Olympus software....rebooted and then reinstalled same?

Louis

#4 ok1

ok1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

Yes Louis, I had done it myself and when the Olympus support were involved they did it again but they found bits that I didn't know about to remove.
It's the blue question mark that I find puzzling as I can't find a definition of it's meaning.
Thank you for your interest.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

Might as well try the following, Remove Unused Drivers - http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-...tml?tag=nl.e101.

First, uninstall the device, using Device Manager...then try the above. Then try reinstalling it with the original drivers/software provided by Olympus.

You've tried different USB ports?

You may want to (if not done already) also delete ALL USB controllers (not hubs) at the same time that you uninstall the device. Then reboot the system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/133240

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users