Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:16 AM
Hi! I just spent more than 3 hours trying to configure outlook 2003 to work with my free yahoo mail account. I did quite a research in the internet before deciding to post here. I have carefully followed the following steps:
1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. Click POP3, and then click Next.
4. Under User Information, do the following:
1. In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
2. In the E-mail Address box, type your Member ID (or username), followed by the @ symbol and domain name.
5. Under Server Information, do the following:
1. In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type the server name from the chart below that corresponds to your e-mail address.
2. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the server name from the chart below that corresponds to your e-mail address.
6. Under Logon Information, do the following:
1. In the User Name box, type your Yahoo Member ID (or username). Do not include the @ symbol or domain name.
2. In the Password box, type your password.
3. Select the Remember password check box.
7. To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
8. Click More Settings.
9. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Yahoo! Mail.
10. Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
11. Click Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK.
12. Click Next, and then click Finish.
I also found out that for yahoo free email accounts I have to use some software so I installed YPOPs v0.9.7.3 and changed the incoming and outcoming mail servers (both of them) to 127.0.0.1. I set the server timeout to 10min.
But when I try to do send/receive or test my settings the SMTP server stays in processing state for ever until I get an error message (0x80042109) unable to connect to SMTP. I don't know what else to do. When my comodo firewall asks me I allow YPOPs. I have windows 7 ultimate x64 and my email is @yahoo.co.uk. At the moment I am in greece (I don't know if that matters for the local hosts).