Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield Two Emulation Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:57 PM

okay, so I got BF2 after playing the demo for months, popped the first cd into my comp and started the install, after the install (and after popping in the other two cd's) I press icon for battlefield two not the play online one and it says something about me running a cd/dvd emulation program but I'm not. Whats up with this? I did have daemon tools on but i exited it to play and there was no difference. Any help? Maybe it has something that continues running after I exit?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:12 AM

It seems you also have gotten caught in the copy protection of todays game. They've gotten real bad, in many ways worse than the Sony/DRM thing going on at the moment, installing god knows what and throwing false positives around. Try this: Rightclick on the Daemon Tools tray bar icon, go to emulation and select all options on.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users