Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 locks AD account out.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Luser

Luser

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:48 AM

I currently have a couple of colleagues that are experiencing a problem with Windows 7
(i cant replicate the same problem on vista or windows XP)

So i was thinking if anyone had or have the same problem, and know a permanent fix for it instead of my annoying work around.
(Iw googled it but cant find any solution for it)

Problem :
Switching from the office domain network to another network (mostly dirty line once), without logging out and then turning on there VPN to connect back to the office network, locks there AD account out.
They do get connected with the VPN but once accessing resources the AD account locks.

Temp Solution :
Always logout when switching between different networks.
Dont want to have problems with your computer?
Solution : install a good free anti virus, anti spyware & and stay away from misleading applications. Update your OS and vital programs as often as you can, to shut down those open security holes.
Stay away from shareware and trailware applications, avoid installing browser addins and toolbars. Read up on things before trying new applications.

Learn more about : Viruses, malmware & trojans | Need a bootdisk? | Want to know what that EventID mean? | Cybercrimes what is that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users