Welcome to the forums!
Looks like a nice build so far. You don't need a dedicated sound card as one comes with the motherboard. If you use your PC for home theater with high quality speakers or do any pro-sumer audio activities, the ASUS Xonar D2
would be an excellent card. If you want a better than on-board audio solution I would get either the HT | OMEGA STRIKER
or the HT | OMEGA CLARO
. Unless you have high-end speakers and rip everything at high bit rates, you may not tell much of a difference. All of those cards use C-Media chips since Creative's cards and chips are banned from my computer suggestions due to business practices. If you need 8GB of RAM, I suggest the Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB DDR3-1333
which is much less expensive. Although MSI lists DDR3-1600 as overclocked memory, you can use DDR3-1333 and not have a significant performance hit. Personally, I don't think a $100 price increase is worth two extra frames per second in a game. You also need a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Now for the case and power supply. The case is too small for the graphics card. The power supply is the most important part of a PC, and you should be willing to spend more on it. For the case, you need a Full-ATX case if you are going to be using the high-end GPU's or are planning on using CrossfireX/SLI.
Cases: You need a full-ATX case. Shipping can get expensive with these and side vents or windows will make the case more noisy.Broadway Com Corp R-900
- A basic case with an interesting internal design. $79COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP
- I really like this case, it is a premium case, but it also has an excellent layout and an elegant design. $189 COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 RC-840-KKN1-GP
- A case with an all aluminum design. It looks plain from the outside but comes with free shipping. $199
Power Supply:CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
- Corsair makes some excellent power supplies. $109 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)SILVERSTONE ELEMENT ST75EF 750W
- I have a Silverstone PSU and have had no problems with them. $109PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II PPCMK2S750 750W
- PC Power makes premium power supplies, this one is designed for quiet operation. $139
Edited by DJBPace07, 05 October 2010 - 09:58 PM.