Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant open pic message in my email

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 moparfan1234

moparfan1234

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

i just restored my computer to factory state and now i can not open pics that are sent from my cell phone to my yahoo email. can any one help me fix this?

running windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

well no replys yet maybe some one can anser this. what is my computer suppose to use to open the pics?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

Any file...requires a program to view/open/use it, if it's a graphic file.

There are all sorts of graphics file formats used...if you are not using a program that opens that extension, then you need to get one.

What's the file extension used on these graphics that you cannot open?

Post the error message exactly as you receive it, please.

Louis

#4 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

if im corect the file extension is .jpg i do not get any error messages all i get is """message loading"" but it never shows.

now i did go back to an older pic message i sent to my self that had a subject and that one will open but non of the ones without a subject will open. they all opened before i restored my computer. so now im thinking there being blocked some how since they dont have a subject. am i corect on asuming this?

i guess i could allways put a subject in ech one but i have pics in my email i cant resend because there not on my phone any more and they are of my son so there very importin to me.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

You would have to check your browser settings...and possibly your email settings also.

I know that Outlook Express has that default whereby they won't allow users to see attachments...I have never sent nor received a message without a subject, so that may be some innate filter used by either your system or your email program or the website where you are trying to view the graphic.

I would think that "subject" would be a key filter for any processing of email, I never thought about it before. Could be a spam filter of some sort...I just don't know.

Can you download the graphic to your system...and then view it from there?

Louis

#6 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

some times i can get the link to down load them but its a pain to do. i have to open IE then sign in and i "MITE" get just the download link and then to try for anether i have to close IE and then reopen it sign in agan on and on. the problem with that is that dont seem to work for all of them just a few. so i cant get all my pics. i thought it was a good idea to keep them pics in my email like that insted of paying some other site to backup all my files but i guess its not working out so well lol

where do i go to check the filter setup? and what should they be set as?

i kinda thought it mite have been norton blocking it but i have totaly disabled it and that did not work.

#7 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

I GOT IT I GOT IT lol im not sure what it does but i went to IE >tools > compatibility view and check marked it and then i could open all of them no problem.

so what does me check marking that really do? other then fix my problem. lol

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:38 AM

Nice self-help, I must say :thumbsup:.

Understanding Compatibility View

Introducing Compatibility View

I've never used that setting at all, so I don't really understand why it may be necessary...but the links above should cover it.

Happy computing :flowers:.

Louis

#9 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

from what i gather its anether way to make every thing more of a pain in the butt lol but i guess since i have IE8 im gona need to use it. all it seems to do is show the web page as IE7 would have.

thanks for you help

Edited by moparfan1234, 09 October 2010 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users