Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD? what should I check to fix?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DEATHlLINK

DEATHlLINK

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

So I was on the internet when my computer went to a blue screen. here is the message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: e3
BCP1: 86B82E18
BCP2: 84774020
BCP3: 84E70480
BCP4: 00000003
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini100510-01.dmp
C:\Users\DEATH\AppData\Local\temp\WER-45380-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\DEATH\AppData\Local\temp\WER1CC3.tmp.version.txt

I have no idea what caused this. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

Generic info:

0x000000E3: RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED
Various failures involving the NTFS file system cause this condition, as explained in the individual articles below. (All documented causes involve actual bugs in Windows.)

That's not good, IMO. One of the following may be relevant:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951580

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-games/72981-...0x000000e3.html

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-games/72981-...000000e3-2.html

Louis

#3 DEATHlLINK

DEATHlLINK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

The BSOD happened after running CCleaner and reinstalling my BitDefender Total security. I was experiencing my Bit Defender shutting down unexpectantly and I went to their forum and found another post saying to reinstall it by using a bd uninstaller and running ccleaner to remove any leftover traces before reinstalling. After reinstallation 4 windows updates promted for install some from back in 2007? So then when on the internet the bsod happened. I had to reinstall malwarebytes to cause it wouldnt open. All virus scans clean so I think ccleaner removed something it shouldnt have.
LOL side note the bitdefender is still shutting down at weird times and they suggested installing BitDefender total security 2011. Should I just reinstall my OS?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

There are far better programs to use then removing left overs with CCleaner. I would highly recommend that you remove it, and use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs completely.

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

There are far better programs to use then removing left overs with CCleaner. I would highly recommend that you remove it, and use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs completely.

I came across revo and i was impressed how well it does its job, so i bought the Pro version which gives you more functions such autorun manager, junk files cleaner, windows tools, browsers cleaner, microsoft office cleaner, windows cleaner, evidence remover and unrecoverable delete. :huh: The functions are really useful to maintain my laptop safely without mucking it up. So if you(DEATHlLINK) like it, buy it! :huh: I can also give you screenshot of the functions if you like.

Edited by killerx525, 08 October 2010 - 08:28 AM.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

Well...if it's really a NTFS file system problem...about the only way to really solve it might be to delete the existing partition and then create a new one with a new install.

I don't have much patience when it comes to my own system problems, so I would probably move anything valued...delete the partition...and reinstall. When you don't have much on C: to begin with (as I do), there's little lost by doing a clean install and it provides a base from which to more accurately troubleshoot ensuing issues, IMO.

Anytime I see NTFS in an error description...I also remember that the file system is installed on the hard drive. A problem with either may be reflected as something entirely different in Windows.

Louis

#7 DEATHlLINK

DEATHlLINK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for the advice I will try Revo and think about moving my files to a different partition then I should be able to move it back after the re-install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users