Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deep Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mboden

mboden

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Just posted my first issue in the forum, was amazed at the number of folks asking for help during the last hour. Must have a lot of helpers, very impressive.....

Malware-don't the writers of this stuff want to see their results? I mean they/he/she/it doesn't know that I got screwed, although the site I was at when I got infected (pdga.com) was having problems that morning, and was down when I last visited it a couple hours later. Maybe that was their main intent......and who writes this schtuff? The guys at Norton or McAfee? Whoever wrote this one was good, can't even boot into safe mode. rant off/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Just posted my first issue in the forum, was amazed at the number of folks asking for help during the last hour. Must have a lot of helpers, very impressive.....

Not nearly as many as are needed. Helpers regularly have 20-30 or more active topics going on at any given time.

Malware-don't the writers of this stuff want to see their results? I mean they/he/she/it doesn't know that I got screwed, although the site I was at when I got infected (pdga.com) was having problems that morning, and was down when I last visited it a couple hours later. Maybe that was their main intent......and who writes this schtuff? The guys at Norton or McAfee? Whoever wrote this one was good, can't even boot into safe mode. rant off/

I would imagine that most malware writers, that is the "professional" ones, are able to shield themselves from feeling responsibility and guilt because they will never, ever have to be confronted by a real human being who they have hurt. It's a lot easier to shrug these things off when the victim is a mass of nameless, faceless people who live thousands of miles away.

Edited by Andrew, 19 October 2010 - 03:23 PM.
Fixed quote tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users