Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Orange Milk

Orange Milk

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

So just yesterday I was on facebook, and I noticed someone posted a link on my wall. I was doing many other things, so without thinking too much on it I clicked it, and it said I needed to update Adobe Flash. Ok, sure, why not? So after I downloaded 'it,' the flash player would not seem to install.. So then I went back and tried to update it again. After trying to do this a couple times, I notice that my computer is acting up. Then, as I go on facebook, I realized the link my friend sent was some automatic link that forced him to send it because he got a virus. To make matters worse, the link was somehow sent to all of my friends by me. So now besides having my computer infected, I have to explain to a bunch of people why "I" sent that same link.

The obvious problem showing now is that all google searches redirect to some unrelated ad/site. Also, I cannot yet log back into my account on FB, I need to do some sort of 'verifying' which will be done later after this is all sorted..

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I ran malwarebytes, but the problems only seem to partly go away (still redirect issues) for the time my computer is on. After it's reset, it acts up all over again.

Edited by Orange Milk, 05 October 2010 - 02:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Milk

Orange Milk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

While I am aware the of the virtue of patience, it is important I have a working computer immediately. I am going to reformat. Thanks for the potential help, anyway! :thumbsup: (I have have this big AP Bio lab due Friday, which needs a computer, and I can't lose time by trying to fix this thing.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users