Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting MP3 Player to recognize an SD Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mmershon

mmershon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

I am using Real Player on an old Palm Tungsten T5 with SD 2GB cards as my Mp3 player; a little bulky but it has been working fine. It is an old version, 1.6.1. I just changed up my playlists and wanted to synch them to the SD card. I formatted the SD Card & all of a sudden the MP3 player won't recognize the songs on the SD card and I am getting frustrated. I have tried synching the playlists, moving songs manually with explorer, and using heirarchal folders. Real Player keeps coming back with "No playable songs found. Insert memory card with playable songs." I am on disabilty and really can't afford a new player...any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

I ran into a similar problem once, a very long time ago, with a player that used Smartmedia cards. In my case, I had formatted the card with the wrong file system. In my case the card needed to be formatted as an FAT file system, and I had formatted it to (I think) FAT32.

Do you have any documentation on which file system you need to use songs?

#3 mmershon

mmershon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have formatted it to the correct system and thought I had it working, but now there is another problem: I have 2 GB SD card, but I can only get 1 GB on the card; it always stops accepting data at 1 GB. Wow this is fun!

#4 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

How old is it? And have you ever gotten more than 1 GB to work? That may be a design limit.

#5 mmershon

mmershon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

It is about 5 years old, but the capacity is 2GB. I had that capability before I formated the card.

#6 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hmmm ... In that case, I'm stumped.

The only other thing I'd try -- and there's no guaranty -- is to use a card reader to connect the formatted card directly to the computer, verify that you've got 2 GB (just in case the card is faulty), and load the card directly from the computer. Then put the card back in the player and see if you've got your songs.

Good luck!

Edited by Capn Easy, 06 October 2010 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users