Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hiya

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wired68

Wired68

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:48 AM

Hi all,

Glad to join your community! Came across your site after looking for some info on a redirect issue I was having and found my solution very quickly as well as found plenty of other great info so far, so I figured I oughta join so maybe I can help the next guy (or gal) out in return.

Quick IT bio, I'm a network engineer primarily in the Cisco world, with plenty of Microsoft client\server background. Back in my early professional IT career, I did quite a bit of Desktop Support for both enterprise and home users which of coarse included a lot of virus/spyware/malware removal, though I must say this arena sure has changed quite a bit in the last several years so I applaud the helpers here for the new knowledge gained/offered and tools created to help the everyday user fight the never-ending battle against the evil internet :thumbsup:

If I can offer any assistance to anyone here, I'd be glad to help and thanks for what looks to be a great resource and community.

See ya around...

Thanks,
-Wired68

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratman

ratman

Bleepin' gnawing at it!

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

Hi and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please check out the Welcome Guide and New User Orientation.
regards, ratman

a proud member of:
Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM

If I have helped and you would like to show your appreciation you may Posted Image to the cause.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
I am sure our Members will appreciate the experience and expertise you can provide in helping them.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

Welcome, Wired68! I'm new here, too.

Wow! I commend you for your experience! Network Engineer in Cisco..*drool*
I'm aspiring in becoming one too.

#5 Wired68

Wired68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Thanks all for the welcomes, glad to be here......next round on me ;)

@fallenarchangel, all I can say is just dive in, its tons of fun! Especially once you start getting into all the other technologies Cisco covers such as Security, Voice (which really is a blast), and more recently even blade servers which is one of my current projects. Of coarse don't get me wrong, routing and switching is still my first love and is also a ton of fun with all you can do, though voice is very cool. First things first, start looking into and studying the CCNA cert, though do it for real and really learn it without those braindump sites like pass4sure. If possible get yourself some hands-on, though if not yet possible, checkout GNS3 which will let you run real IOS images on your PC and even use your PC as a real Cisco router, it just takes a bit to get everything to work right and access to the IOS images. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users