Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Major Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 busch

busch

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

OK, I need some major help with my computer.
Two weeks ago, I was affected by the AntiVirus 2010 Security Centre bug and it has been all down hill from there.
I have run Malwarebytes anti malware, Super Anti Spyware, Ad aware, and avg free and I am still having problems.
I am having problems connecting to the internet thru IE8. I keep getting the message that IE cannot connect. to the webapage.
Most of the time I can hit the refresh button and it will then load. Also sometimes, I get a second browser opened and a "consumer news online" website pops up.
I also see in the task manager, that I have alot of svchost.exe processes. A couple seem to run even when the computer should be idle.
One last item, when i boot up the computer, I get two error messages telling me that two seperate files can not be located.
Can someone please help me get this fixed.
I saw a similar post and read it but I did not want to run any program that I should not run.
I am using Dell GX260 with WinXp with IE 8
Thanks in Advance.
Busch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:57 PM

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.

Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.

Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.

Now check if the internet is working again.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users