Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Backdoor.Tidserv.l!inf and Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shurehaty

shurehaty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hello Moderators.

This is my first post on this forum after searching online for help, everything pointed me here :thumbsup:

I have been infected with Backdoor.Tidserv.l!inf and require assistance in removal. I have read on this and other forums of tactics to remove this intruder, however after reading carefully, it seems each case must be dealt with personally before attempting to run removal programs or attempts on your own.

That being said, Norton Internet Security has detected two of these malware (both same name), and before I do anything else, where do I begin on the removal efforts?

I'm in your hands and would really appreciate the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shurehaty

shurehaty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

wfplwf.sys is the file norton has detected for this backdoor

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Edited by Budapest, 04 October 2010 - 09:53 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 shurehaty

shurehaty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

I ran HiJack This and removed the items from the list that looked odd. Computer restarted fine, didnt boot up the trojan application upon restart this time, however I think i just removed it from starting up when the computer boots up, but I need to remove it still. whats the next step?

#5 shurehaty

shurehaty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

I ran HiJack This and removed the items from the list that looked odd. Computer restarted fine, didnt boot up the trojan application upon restart this time, however I think i just removed it from starting up when the computer boots up, but I need to remove it still. whats the next step?

A hew hours ago, the virus kicked in again out of nowhere and started all the problems all over again, now back to square one. Looks like HiiJackThis didnt remove the problem.. still need help if you can assist me please!

#6 shurehaty

shurehaty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Is there any help on these forums at all? lol Need help badly here

#7 srt1964

srt1964

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Look up at post #3. Click on the preperation guide link and follow instructions found at that link. I have the same problem and have been working through it with the excellent help of the people at Bleepingcomputer. Follow the directions and help will be on the way.

Good luck

#8 shurehaty

shurehaty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the reply, felt as though I was going un-noticed.

I managed to do a system restore and I'm re-installing Norton and doing a scan again. It seems the restore has removed all malware though.

#9 srt1964

srt1964

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

You're welcome. If your issues re-emerge try again and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. these people do help.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users