Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is ihoqicoxicak.dll?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NoStasis

NoStasis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

I recently had an trojan horse I removed with AVG Free and MalwareBytes, everything seems to be clear and so forth however there is a curious .dll that is hanging around. It is located in C:\Windows. When I run msconfig and look at the startup Tab it is listed on the startup menu even after I disable it, the next boot it just loads itself up again and the command tab there reads as such: Quote " rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\ihoqicoxicak.dll",Startup " End quote

I experimented with it by removing the extension on the file and when windows loads up it brings us a dialog box that says "ihoqicoxicak.dll is missing".

I looked around some and was not able to find any information about this file, good or bad. Any input is much appreciated!

Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 04 October 2010 - 04:33 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

I think you should start a topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

Edited by rockmilk, 04 October 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#3 NoStasis

NoStasis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for changing the forum, this should be better to find out what this file is. I've got some screen shots to show as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users