Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ridelikethewind

ridelikethewind

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:43 AM

Just wanted to say hello and how helpful so far your site has been. I must have something VERY nasty cuz I've done all of the things asked on the descripton page of what to do before submitting my HiJackThis log, and I'm still having problems!! Well, guess I'll go post my HJT log and HOPE someone can help me!! These pop-ups are driving me CRAZY!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, ridelikethewind.
The HJT Team should be able to help you out.
Good luck with your log. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! ridelikethewind.
No fear BC's excellent HJT staff will be sure to help you rid your comptuer of the anonying pop-ups.

Good Luck,
yano

#4 ridelikethewind

ridelikethewind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

Actually, David, DeTrojanator, helped me yesterday and I got rid of it in about an hour!! These guys are GREAT!! I've gotten stuff like this before and was always able to get rid of it myself, but this one was REALLY sneaky!! It showed up in a free scan for one of the spyware companies I tried and it said it was Viaimail in my Programs folder, but when I went there to delete it, it wasn't showing and I have all my folders set to show all hidden files and folders - must be some new kind of 'cloaking' that these new pests have evolved to... NASTY little buggers!! He was SO helpful, found it right away and gave me clear instructions on how to get rid of it and viola! It is gone!! My machine runs faster and everything is back to normal!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:38 AM

That's good news, ridelikethewind. :thumbsup:
Glad DeTrojanator was able to help you out.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users