Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SyncMaster B2330

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Baggi

Baggi

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

I hope I describe this right.

Bought this monitor from Costco about three weeks ago.

At first I couldn't get the drivers to download. So I did something possibly stupid. I went into Device Manager and deleted out all the drivers that were already there. There were four lines:

Default Monitor
Default Monitor
Plug and Play Monitor
Plug and Play Monitor

Or something like that. I deleted out all four. Then I restarted and pointed to my driver disk when the computer restarted and detected new hardware.

Since that time, my monitor has not worked properly. When I first turn the computer on, the monitor works just fine. About halfway through loading, it turns off and cannot be detected. I then have to load the monitor in safe mode, where the monitor loads just fine, and go to system restore.

Now, every day, I start my computer, the monitor doesn't work, I restart in safe mode, go to system restore, and the computer works fine for the rest of the day. The weird part is, I can even turn the computer off and back on again, and it still works (sometimes). But the next morning the monitor is broken again and I have to start all over with the process and do another system restore.

Any help?

Sorry, I originally forgot to add that i'm using Windows XP. That ive already spoken with Samsung (twice) who says it's not my hardware but my drivers. They gave me the correct driver, which I installed, but it still doesn't work.

Edited by Baggi, 04 October 2010 - 08:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:02 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

The Motherboard is a P5B Deluxe.

GeForce 9800 GT.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Please use the following software to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy.

When you go to post this please search through the file to find the Windows Key and remove it for security reasons.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Please use the following software to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy.

When you go to post this please search through the file to find the Windows Key and remove it for security reasons.

This is the message I got when I clicked on this link

The requested page http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892 could not be found on this server.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html

#7 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Here is the info.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/yabkI1uIh5nTruXqfMAo9OL

#8 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

I didn't see any key anywhere in there and just looked it all over again and still didn't see a key.

Hope I didn't do something wrong.

#9 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

Still having the same problem.

Went away for four days and my father house sat for me. He used my computer the whole time and said he had no problems.

I used the computer all day yesterday, and had no problems. Then this morning I loaded it up again and it didn't work again. Had to restart in safe mode.

#10 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Anyone?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

I've never installed software with any monitor...they are (generally) plug and play.

I would go into Device Manager...uninstall every device reflected under Monitor...reboot the system.

Louis

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

Thank you Hamluis, I didn't receive a notice of this post.

dc3

#13 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

I've never installed software with any monitor...they are (generally) plug and play.

I would go into Device Manager...uninstall every device reflected under Monitor...reboot the system.

Louis

When you say uninstall, do you mean highlight and delete?

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

Go to start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager. Scroll down to Monitor and click on the + in the box to the left of it to expand the tree. Right click on the monitor listed and then Properties. Click on the Driver tab, and then click on Uninstall. Restart your computer and the installation wizard will install the native drivers that are available in Windows.

#15 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

Thank you for the help. Not sure if it worked, will have to give it some time.

I did it a little different than you said. I went to Control Panel, through Device Manager. Under Monitor there are four things. Two that say Default Monitor and two that were drivers for SyncMasterB2330.

I went to the first Default Monitor and did uninstall. Seemed to work just fine. Took a minute or two and was done. Then it vanished from the list. Went to the next Default Monitor, but it just made a noise and then vanished from the list. Same thing happened when I went to both SyncMasterB2330 drivers. Made a noise, then vanished from the list.

I restarted the computer, no prompts to ask me to install anything, went back into Device Manager, and now under Monitor it has Default Monitor twice, plug and play, and SyncMasterB2330 driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users