Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble installing and running Video recording system

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

I friend of mine bought himself a digital video recording system (second hand, but previous owner swears it worked on his system) to use with 3 security cameras that are known to work, the system is a ROHS H264 system which he wants to run from his PC, now this system requires an ATI Radeon7000 or above and Nvidia Gforce serials, the graphics card that is in his system is an S3 Graphics Inc Trio 3D, which I have never heard of and sounds ancient. The software appears to install with the graphical control panel but the cameras won't work, it throws up a message saying: IDS_ display_not_supported, and another message saying: (no supported overlay), In device manager there is a yellow question mark next to multimedia controller, do you think I would be right in blaming the ancient graphics card, I'm a little out of my depth with video security systems. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users