Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is happening to my computer??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 askingforhelp

askingforhelp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

About 5 days ago, I noticed that when I would turn my computer on, it would shut down by itself. I thought it was strange but thought not much of it until I noticed that this has kept going on for the last few days. It would either wait a couple of minutes and then shut off, or shut off immediately as soon as I turned it on. The thing is, besides this, there is nothing wrong with my computer. My computer has contracted viruses before and this didn't "act" like the typical virus. When my computer finally lets me log on (after about 5 attempts) I go on the internet and everything looks in it's place and my computer isn't running any slower than usual. I ran my AVG to make a full scan and it said there were no malicious files on my computer and then I ran my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and again it said there was nothing wrong (or at least nothing that either of these programs could detect). But I still suspect there is something wrong with my computer just maybe not a virus but a rootkit, since I know these can be very hard to detect. I have no idea how to check to see what exactly is wrong with my computer and I'm wondering if anyone here could help me in telling me what I might have, so that I can fix this problem before it worsens (its seems everyday it takes more attempts to be able to come on my computer). I would very much appreciate anyone that can help me, as this is getting frustrating and I'm afraid one day it won't turn on at all and I will have lost everything....

Edited by askingforhelp, 04 October 2010 - 11:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kamgg

kamgg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Might I suggest changing the name of your post. No ones going to look at, what's wrong with my computer. Instead retitle it to computer turns off when I turn it on or random shut down or something

#3 askingforhelp

askingforhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

I apologize for not being descriptive enough in the title. I hope that doesn't stop people from offering any advice and help on my problem. I am confused as I've never encountered anything similar to this.
I would also like to add I downloaded Anti-Rootkit yesterday and made a full scan of my computer and when it was done, the scan showed 47 hidden files but Anti-Rootkit suggested that I didn't "clear" any of them, so I'm guessing they weren't dangerous...or so I think....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users