Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2010 and windows 7 64bit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 basshunter53

basshunter53

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hey guys, can anyone help me with a problem it would be much appreciated...

im trying to install microsoft office 2010 64bit onto windows 7 64bit which previously had office 2007, everytime i try to install it it freezes around 3/4 of the installation and just does nothing. again, much thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 04 October 2010 - 01:15 PM.
Moved from Win 7 forum to Business Applications ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 UncleFinger

UncleFinger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

I'm having the exact same problem, but with a full bar.

#3 WillShattuck

WillShattuck

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi basshunter53,

This may seem like a silly question, but did you completely uninstall Office 2007 before installing Office 2010? I did a short bit of searching and found This Microsoft Article on uninstalling Microsoft Office. You may need to do a complete uninstall of both Office Products, then reboot. That may fix the issue.

Also, you could check the Event Viewer and look for any messages that occur at the time that the installer stops working. You can find the Event Viewer in Windows 7 by following these steps.
  • Click Start
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System and Maintenance
  • Click Administrative Tools
  • Double Click Event Viewer
  • Expand Windows Logs
Look through the Application section and look for any errors that might indicate a possible issue with the Office 2010 install. Also, click on the System section and check that as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users