Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Burner won't work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 carpediem12

carpediem12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hi am trying to copy my non windows drivers to a dvd rw for a possible back up for when I need to reformat and the thing doesn't want to cooperate I have enabled it but it still doesn't want to run.....I have downloaded roxio to use instead any ideas what might be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

Have you tried THIS. Hit the RUNNOW button.Let us know how things go. :thumbsup:

#3 carpediem12

carpediem12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

Hi I just remembered that xp doesn't burn dvd's only cd's I tested this by putting a cd in and trying to burn it and it did.
However it won't burn dvd's so I guess that solves the problem by the way I was using home edition service pack 3.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

You can use a program like Imgburn to burn to DVDs.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 carpediem12

carpediem12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Don,t want to download too many different programs ,because I just experienced a Trojan attack,I really just wanted to use the program Windows supplies.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

I can appreciate your concern, and I too worry about the sites that I download from, and am even more concerned about the download sites that I suggest in these forum.

The site that I suggested downloading this from is very safe. The program is worth it if you wish to burn DVDs.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

If your worried about virus and spyware take a look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html There are many great programs here guranteed virus and spyware free. :thumbsup:

Edited by rockmilk, 04 October 2010 - 12:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users