Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD's won't burn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ImRealtimer

ImRealtimer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

I have a DellXPS600 and running Windows XP. The internal DVD burner will no longer burn disks. It will, however, read and open files. When I right click on the drive to view the properties of a blank disk, it shows up as being completely full and when I try to burn a disk, I get an error message saying that I need to insert a disk in the drive. This occures when using Nero and Sonic software. Thanks for any help you can offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

I think, the burning laser is out.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

You may need to get a new burner.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

This occures when using Nero and Sonic software.

Those 2 have never played well together, even uninstalling Sonic leaves filter drivers etc that can interfer with other burning programs.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users