Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Clients keep crashing.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darvil

Darvil

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

My game clients keep crashing...

Okay for example, I start up lets say Oblivion I continue my campaign okay it loads and then right as it finishes it crashes. This is the same thing for everything... I start up Starcraft 2 and I join the match but as soon as it finishes downloading it crashes. I use Comodo Virus Protector, I just downloaded Trojan Remover. I have no idea what to do I'm about to reformat but I wanted to check over here first if I could get anything useful. I ran multiple scans, reinstalled games. I just don't know what to do. :huh:

I'm using windows vista 32bit

PLEASE HELP

Edited by Darvil, 03 October 2010 - 08:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Try THIS . It has to be saved to your desktop in order to use it.
Hope this is what your looking for.
1.Download TFC to your desktop, or other location.

2.Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.

3.Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.

4.If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot

NEXT:
Try THIS

Game Booster is an easy-to-use program that shuts down unnecessary system processes in order to improve the performance of resource-thirsty games. With an intuitive interface that makes it easy to switch between gaming mode and normal mode, Game Booster is a simple but powerful program.

Game Booster's interface is basic, with a list of 24 noncritical processes that can be shut down during gaming. Check boxes allow users to select specific processes. It is true that you have to take a leap of faith with some of these; if you're not extremely computer savvy, you may have no idea what it is that you're shutting down. We can say that our system suffered no ill effects from temporarily disabling all of the listed processes, and the program quickly started them again when we switched back to normal mode. We do wish that the program came with a Help file that went into detail about this issue, though. In addition to disabling unnecessary system processes, Game Booster offers a game defragmenter that specifically defragments the game directories, allowing a given game to start and run more quickly. Overall, we found Game Booster to be both easy to use and effective. We noticed a significant difference in game performance when using gaming mode, and we think this is a great choice for users who need to optimize their systems for gameplay.

Edited by rockmilk, 03 October 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

Try disabling Comodo's active protection, and try your games. I know for a fact at times that Kaspersky and Norton have prevented games that use Steam from working properly, as their active scanning/protection prevented the games from checking for updates or detected the games as trojans themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users