Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need Network Magic?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VaynardX

VaynardX

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:06 AM

So I bought this linksys router last week and installed network magic that comes with it(CD). I didn't know that it was just trial version, and today's my last day of trial. Do I need this program to have internet connection(I have desktop wired, and laptop wireless from the router)? Or can I just uninstall this thing coz its really annoying due to the nagging pop ups?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

It depends.
This is what it does: http://download.cnet.com/Cisco-Network-Mag...4-10402331.html

Network Magic eliminates home networking hassles and helps you do more with your network. It lets you easily print from any of your home computers to any of your printers, share music, photos, and other files across all of your computers and operating systems with a few clicks. Network Magic also helps you troubleshoot and repair broken wireless Internet connections and protect your wireless network from intruders. Additionally, Network Magic gives you an up-to-date map of your network, and lets you manage the security of all your PCs from one centralized dashboard.

It's more, or less convenience tool.
You can set all the above by yourself, depending on your skills and what range of settings you need.

For basic needs, today's routers are basically plug-and-play devices.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 VaynardX

VaynardX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

^

Well, I know how to configure the basic settings for the router, so does this mean that I can uninstall network magic and have no problems with my internet connection?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yes.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 VaynardX

VaynardX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

^

Ok, thanks for the clarification.:thumbsup:

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users