Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recurring Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cryog

Cryog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

sad.gif
My damn comfuser keeps having a problem w/(what I think is) malware. But even after using Malwarebytes' & manual cleaning, the problems come back.

I don't know what to do & was hoping someone can look at my HijackThis! result & give me some direction please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

Hello Cryog and welcome to BC forums.

What version/edition of Windows on this system ?? What antivirus program is installed??

First, make sure you have saved all your work before you begin, and close your open apps.

Note: If using Firefox right-click on any download links and choose Save As
Save both files to the same place ---- the Desktop.

Please download OTH and SAVE to the Desktop

Please download OTL and SAVE to the Desktop

Double click the OTH file to run it and click Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank.
IF you are running Vista or Windows 7, then do a Right-click on OTH and select Run As Administrator to start.

Once OTH has started, click on Start OTL. OTL will now start.
  • Do the following in OTL:
  • In the lower right corner, checkmark "LOP Check" and checkmark "Purity Check".
  • Now click Run Scan at Top left and let the program run uninterrupted. It will take about 4 minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Back in OTH:
    Click the Internet Explorer button. Go to this forum & login & return to this topic.
    Copy & Paste these logs into your reply here.
  • After you are all done, press Reboot to start your system fresh.

~Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP (Oct 2002 - Sept 2010)

#3 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

This topic is Closed due to lack of response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users