Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robertson03

robertson03

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

I have a compaq presario cq5500f desktop. It has windows vista home premium. I decided to restore the system before giving it to someone. I created recovery discs from the options within the system. I was able to run recovery but upon the first boot it gave a configuration error (code purple). I researched this and discovered a possible cause would be due to a change of the motherboard. This system has never had anything replaced or worked on. So, I figured maybe it just didnt install correctly. I decided to recover using the discs i JUST made. It gives an error that the discs are not correct. Any ideas on how to get this system to recognize the discs it made for me originally? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hello robertson03

Welcome to BleepingComputer smile.gif
==========================
This is not a malware issue it is a Windows issue.
Please post a thread about it here > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum72.html

They will get you sorted from there.
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users