Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eliminating perflib_perfdata

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whonoze

Whonoze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

I want to clean temp files better than is done automatically. One of biggest users of temp is "Perflib_perfdata" - I'm reasonably sure by opening some of these I don't need or want them. Windows says it can't open - I am only entering the perflib_perfdata as there hundreds of these with extensions meaningless to me.
I have "Windows XP Home; Toshiba Satellite with lots of hard drive capacity unused,this machine primary use is email (gmail), search.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

Try THIS . It has to be saved to your desktop in order to use it.
Hope this is what your looking for.
1.Download TFC to your desktop, or other location.

2.Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.

3.Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.

4.If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.

Edited by rockmilk, 03 October 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

The download that rockmilk porvided the link to is TFC which is a temp file removal tool.

Here are some instructions that you may find useful.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users